Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Progress

Okay, time for a progress report!

Tutorial 1: Bouncing Ball
I have both of these completed.

Tutorial 2: Jump!
I have the little clown/jack-in-the-box guy jumping, but I still have to create my own character and make it jump.

Tutorial 3: Rotoscope
I did the naked dude, complete with adjusted frames. I still have to choose my own footage and rotoscope that.

Tutorial 4: Walk Cycle
Yeah... Well, first I drew this relatively complicated character... A proportionate human girl. Yeah, screw that... I decided (at the suggestion of a friend) to make her a miniature version, which has turned out for the better. However, all the multiple parts make it difficult to keep track of... Doing a multi-jointed walk cycle is a little more confusing than actually drawing one... I think I was just starting to get the general idea of how it flowed about 7:30 am. Yay, all nighter number 2 completed!

Tutorial 5: Lip Sync
This one I have yet to start... It's on the agenda for this weekend.


So... As far as the tutorials go, I'm behind, but not as behind as I thought I'd be. As far as the overall project... Yeah, I still don't know what I want to do. And I'll admit I haven't given it as much thought as I should have, but I figured the tutorials were a more pressing matter at the moment. So that means I need to have this stuff together by next week if I want to keep my sanity toward the end of the quarter. Go figure.

Anyway, I think after class I'll take a nap before my comic book scripting class. I'd skip, but I don't think it's that big of an issue. It's almost the end of the week; I can make it to Thursday with only a couple hours of sleep. I've had worse... It just takes a while to get back into this routine again. So yeah... Busy, busy weekend ahead!

No comments: