Saturday, October 25, 2008

Character Concepts

Okay, so I've spent some time trying to come up with some character designs... I don't have any turn arounds yet, however... I think I might do that after the boards... Which seems backwards, but oh well.

Oh yeah, and before you say anything, YES I know her hair looks like Ariel's. Why? I made a character a while back and randomly sketched her hair and it came out like Ariel's, except more rounded... So I kept it. Sooooooo... I decided to use it again. It won't be red, however. Maybe blonde or black. I could sweep it the other way, but this works better with the natural direction I draw in. Also... I figured, why not? Make it a parody if you really want to think about it that way. *shrug*

I felt this first one was waaaaaaaaay too complicated...


So I tried sketching some more...
I particularly liked the one on this page up in the right hand corner.
Tried making a full body one with the face and everything.


Thinking of posing more in terms of the scene in the animation...
Tried breaking it up into simple shapes and then seeing if that could be easily duplicated...
Unfortunately... I realized there was a slight similarity to Skydoll... Completely unintentional since I've only seen a few pictures...
Tried a turn around... I might go ahead and use this one, actually... Put it on non-lined paper, of course, and refine it.


So yeah... Any suggestions or ideas? Critiques?

No comments: