Monday, September 29, 2008

Meh...

Yeah, still not much more than before, except now I think I'm going to do my zombie giraffe for this class and something else for senior project; I highly doubt any of you have heard of Agua Fria Freddie, but I think I'm gonna do it on him. He's the west's version of Punxatawny Phil, pretty much, and he predicts the opposite of his shadow. That's about as much as I can say for now, because I haven't really worked out all the details just yet.

I also have no idea how to go about creating characters or backgrounds in Flash... So... What I end up doing with this new information about my story and Flash will be interesting. Because I haven't the slightest idea of how this is going to end up. I really wish I had some working knowledge of the program before I took the class, at least then I wouldn't be flying blind.

My stylus pen should be here today... I could go to the cage, but I am tired of having to go through them for crap. If I absolutely have to, then yeah, I'll do it. But until then... I'll wait. Yeah, it'll probably catch up to me when I rush to get the tutorials done, but oh well. That's my own doing.

Other than that... Not feeling too great today and I seriously hope I'm not coming down with something... I started getting a sinus headache yesterday. Plus, not really having the greatest start to the week and the day has barely even started. Yay.

3 comments:

Robyn Haley said...

I'm right across the hall if you need any help. I know a good deal of Flash and always enjoy making backgrounds, so just let me know. I also think that communicating like this even though we're in the same room for class is hilarious.

Kyle Stephens said...

From what you said in class, I think you have a lot to work from. I would suggest going with the cactus idea, because there's a lot of potential energy in a character who's rooted to the ground. But don't let the fact that you haven't come up with something concrete yet bog you down from creating anything. Focus on one idea like the environment or the animal you want to animate. Draw out a mind map on a piece of paper and write down every single aspect that you can think of, both abstract and concrete. You'll eventually start expanding on one of those ideas. Don't worry about making it funny, that will come later when you're working on timing and spacing. Let your mind clear itself for a moment and let the creative side take over.

José G. Landrón said...

Ok, so it's settled. South-Western environment, a cactus and a rattlesnake. Now we'd love to see what happens between those 2 characters! Get your story done (I know you've been working on it for a while) and get all the things together to start animating as soon as you can. Remember to keep it short!