Monday, September 22, 2008

Digital Cel Project



I honestly have no idea what I want to do for this project. I have wracked my brain for an answer, and I still don't have one. I have some ideas, but none of them are anything new. I've done them before in previous assignments. The characters, that is. I've used them seemingly a lot, just because it was easier to use a good idea I already had then try to come up with a new one. I have nothing to go on, nothing required of me, other than making a flash video and I have no idea where to start. I have also never used flash before, so I have no idea what limitations there are with the program. I've learned from past experiences that giving yourself too ambitious a project can almost kill your sanity.

So... With that being said, here are my few ideas that are already created. One of them is zombie giraffe. Zombie giraffe is a little giraffe who broke his neck when he tried to balance on a little red ball. Now he is slowly decaying and nobody wants to come near him, so he is very sad. We had to create a children's story in my intro to sequential class, so I took my giraffe from stop motion and made a sequel to it. Since then I've wanted to animate him for quite a while, I just wasn't sure how or when I'd get the time to. I'd probably make a continuation of the story if I chose to do this idea.

Another idea would be to take my characters from my Layout and Design class and create that story. However, those characters are rather complex to draw so I'd probably have to simpify them somewhat before I'd use them. I'd also change the main idea of that story as well, because it was a little weak.

I could also use some characters I've had for years, such as Aislynn, Bailey, and Luna. They are also fairly complex and there isn't really a general storyline for them except for their back stories. Also having more than one character would make that a little difficult and it's hard to get anything out of them if it's just one.

No comments: