Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Progress? ... Not so much

I still don't have any idea what I want to do for this class... And on top of this, I also have to come up with a concept for my senior project, or at least a rough idea, by tomorrow and I have no clue what I want to do for that either. I seriously thought I'd have a lot more time to figure this out than just a week and half... I also have another story to write for concept and after today I will have another story to write for Script Writing, too... How the hell did I think these classes would be easier than three studios full of drawing?! I miss the drawing!

My brain is fried of creativity... I never really considered myself all that creative to begin with, especially compared to a lot of people here. I can't just "come up" with something... In the past, it's taken weeks and by the time I do, it's one or two days before the project is due or it's not a very solid idea. I really am trying my best to come up with something, but it's not happening, and I can't just force it. I over think things too much, and I can't just not think, so it's a viscious cycle. I don't get my stylus pen in until Monday and even then I have no idea how to use it.

Dude... It's the second week of school and I'm already stressed out... Not to mention I didn't have the greatest start to the school year either and I hadn't even gotten to Savannah, yet. So it's like... "Yay! Awesome summer!" and then I get hit with "And now the shit starts to hit the fan..." again. I'm just really concerned this is going to turn into another Stop Motion II thing where I pull 22 or more all nighters, hallucinate from lack of sleep, don't leave Montgomery Hall except to take a shower and maybe eat... I'm trying to avoid that, because I know too ambitious a project over a ten week period is NOT enough time to adequately produce an animation. I reached a breaking point after that class and now I doubt my abilities more and question my judgement.

So perhaps this is too personal for a production blog, but I really don't care right now. I'm stressed already, therefore I just vented. It's not like a whole bunch of people are going to read this anyway.

1 comment:

Ned Hugar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.