Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Post

So, I was a little late getting this thing started. My car crapped out on me 30 miles north of Asheville, NC, so I had to jet after class. My mom and I drove back up to Asheville (which is about 4.5 to 5 hours from Savannah), get my car, stay the night, get up early, and drive back in order to be here in time for my 2 pm class. I was a little exhausted at the end of the day, so I figured I'd catch up when I got to class...

Anyway, about me? I'm 21 years old, an animation major, sequential minor. I'm from Tulsa, Oklahoma. I have a golden retriever back home named Molly, but we call her "Molly Girl." My dad is a former marine and retired photojournalist, and my mom is a pediatrician. Um... I'm not very good with these things unless I have specific questions to answer. =_=; I'm a fairly quiet person in class and around new people, but once I get to know people, I'm a lot more open. Those who know me well enough can attest to that. ^_^

I had a very good summer, probably the best one I've had to date. Got together with some friends from high school I hadn't seen in forever and pretty much spent the whole summer with them, aside from working part time. It's going to be hard to get back into the groove of doing schoolwork... It feels weird to be back, honestly. I was in O-House the past two years, and now I'm in Barnard and it doesn't feel like I'm at SCAD... That and I have people back home to talk to, which I haven't had forever (aside from my parents).

As far as the project in this class, I'm not sure what I want to do. I have never used flash before so it will be an entirely new experience. I also have Concept and Comic book scripting at the same time, and the amount of writing I have to do so far is a little daunting... Plus, it's hard for me to come up with ideas for things like this, and having to come up with multiple at the same time... Yeah... Hopefully I can conjure up something decent.

I suppose, that's about it for now. Kind of need to pay attention to the lecture. =_=;

No comments: